“The training you take part in at Home-Start is incredible. I learnt so much, both as a volunteer and as a parent. I have volunteered for other organisations, but Home-Start training is second to none.”
Home-Start Volunteer Preparation Courses
Wednesday 10th January 2024 and Wednesday 24th January 2024 9.30am until 2.45pm
St Matthews Community Hall. Chapel Lane. Stretford. M32 9AJ
Our course has two objectives:
- To prepare volunteers for anything they may encounter as a home-visiting volunteer
- To help co-ordinators to get to know each volunteer better, essential to enable co-ordinators to make a successful match between family and volunteer.
Our course is designed to be informative and fun as well as to answer any questions you may have. Subjects covered include:
- What it means to be a home-visiting volunteer
- Family life: stresses and strains
- Attitudes and values
- Listening and communicating
- Safeguarding children
- Commitment and boundaries
- Support and personal safety
By the end of the course you will have a better insight into the work of Home-Start and feel well prepared for home-visiting.
All expenses incurred both during the preparation course and on home-visiting are reimbursed.
All volunteers can expect the continued support of the Managing Director, Co-ordinators and the Board of Trustees.
Our hybrid training consists of 6 x e-learning modules that can be done in the comfort of your own home and 2 short days face to face.