“I don’t know where to start, you have changed mine and my kids lives’ so much for the better. Me and kids had nothing when we moved through to Trafford, you gave us a new life, you helped me when I was down, you picked me back up with having no family, not a friend. You helped me get a lovely house and you helped me get stuff for it.”
For over 21 years, families right across Trafford, Salford and Wigan have been getting help from Home-Start. Support which is free, confidential and non-judgmental.
Home-Start helps families with young children deal with whatever life throws at them. Supporting parents as they learn to cope, improve their confidence and build better lives for their children. Home- Start’s ethos is that happy parents create happier children.
Many families reach out to Home-Start because they need either practical or emotional support, often it’s a mixture of both.
15% of families refer themselves to Home-Start, we often hear from our families that Home-Start is the most crucial support service involved with their children.
You may be reaching out for our support because-
- You may be experiencing isolation
- You be be suffering from poor mental health
- You may be living in poverty
- You may be experiencing domestic abuse
- You may be coping with the physical demands of multiple births
- You may have no family support network nearby
These are just a few reasons why families come forward for help, but we support parents who need us for a whole variety of reasons.
Help is at hand. If you are a young family who is struggling to cope, please get in touch. We will explain the age ranges that we work with, (these vary slightly according to which local borough you live in).
What do I do next?
- Contact us by calling 0161 865 4222
- By post at Home-Start Trafford, Salford & Wigan, Stretford Early Help Hub, 9 Poplar Road, Stretford, M32 9AN
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to your health visitor, social worker or any agency that may be involved with you and your family
If you are a referrer (for example GP, Health Visitor or Social Worker) please visit our Referrers page